direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Page Content


Frequently Asked Questions

Recognition of Study and Examination Results

Who is in charge of the recognition of study achievements?

Depending on your study course, the particular board of examiners at Faculty VI is in charge of this.

To top

Registration for Exams

How do I register for exams?

You register for exams with the central academic administration, more precisely with the Examination Office with help of the electronic registration system QISPOS. For this, it is necessary that you prove the required achievements according to the particular module description. Basically, you need to register personally for final papers and repeat examinations.

Further information about exams, registration and different types of exams are available in the General Regulations for Study and Examination Procedures respectively in the subject-specific regulations of your study program.


How do I register via QISPOS?

Our websites contain useful information about the usage of QISPOS, the electronic exam registration system. The registration for and resignation from exams is only possible during certain determined registration periods.


I cannot register for an exam via QISPOS - why and who is in charge for that?

  • The module is not available in the current semester.
  • The module has not been activated by the examiner.
  • The module has not yet been converted to the online registration procedure. In particular this applies to optional compulsory and optional modules.
  • You are trying to register outside of the registration period.

If problems with the registration should arise, first contact your examiner, please.

To top

Study Abroad

Where can I find information on opportunities to study abroad?

TU Berlin maintains over 300 cooperations with foreign universities that enable students to study abroad. Usually, the participation in an exchange programm is combined with a scholarship and a partial or complete waiver of the study fees abroad. Depending on the program, the duration of stay ranges from three to twelve months.
For more information on the individual cooperation and on the universities abroad, please visit the Office of Student Mobility and International Student Counselling.


When is the best time to go abroad?

Bachelor students need to study at least in their third semester in order to take part in the ERASMUS+ exchange program. Since the lead times for a study abroad are relatively high, we encourage you to apply immediately after your start of studies, if you want to go abroad in your third semester.

To top

Certificates of Study and Exam Achievements

Some years ago I studied at TU Berlin. Now I need a certificate of the study contents - who is in charge for that?

You can get certificates of study contents from the Examination Office.

Technische Universität Berlin
Abt. I - Studierendenservice
Referat IB - Prüfungen
[Please indicate your study course here]
Straße des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin 

The particular contact person for your study program can be found on the website of the Examination Unit.

To top


How and until when do I apply to get a place at TU Berlin?

You can find detailled application information on the pages of the Study Advisory Service of TUB.

To top

PhD-program (doctoral degree)

Is there a doctoral degree program at TU Berlin?

Since a doctorate is supposed to serve as a preparation for autonomous research, a stand-alone doctoral degree program does not exist.


Do I need to be anrolled as a PhD student?

An enrollment as PhD student is not necessary. 


How can I find a supervisor for my doctoral thesis?

You are free to choose a suitable supervisor for your doctoral thesis. For this, please visit the web pages of TU Berlin for detailled contact information. For more info on a doctoral degree, we invite you to view our Young Scientists Office TU-DOC.

To top

ERASMUS+ Students

Where can I find information on the ERASMUS+ program? Going Abroad (Outgoing)

For this, please visit the Office of Student Mobility and International Student Counselling. An overview showing our academic ERASMUS+ cooperations is available in the ERASMUS Atlas.
Tendered scholarships and the responsible professors are listed on International Affairs respectively in ERASMUS+ scholarship tenderings.


Who else can I contact for questions about studying at TU Berlin?

For further questions concerning studying at TUB, please contact the Office of Student Mobility and International Student Counselling.


Are there opportunities I can orientate myself prior to the lecture period?

The annotated university calender serves as a first orientation guide. Please note that since the calendar is constantly kept up to date, information you found during your orientation can already be outdated at the time you apply for a study course. Up to date information on the individual study programs are available on study programs.

To top

Auditing Students

I am an auditing student and require a certificate - who is responsible for that?

You can get certificates at the office in charge of the respective study program, that you took an examination in. More information on requirements and application are available on admission and enrollment.

To top


Which scholarship opportunities are there in Germany?

First-degree students, both German and, under certain conditions also foreign students, who are in need financially, can apply for subsidies according to the Federal Education and Trainings Assistance Act (BAföG). Please apply directly with the BAföG office. The necessary documents can be determined with help of the application assistant (BAföG). Whether and how much subsidies you will be able to utilize, can be checked by using the BAföG calculator.

In addition, there is prospect of a scholarship for financing your studies. For this, a selection of the major acadamic foundations has been created by the Student Advisory Service. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as well has set up a similar data base under Scholarship Pilot (Stipendienlotse). Lastly, the charitable Initiative for Transparent Study Support especially supports disadvantaged students, who are looking for financing their study, with the sholarship platform myStipendium.

The academic foundations not only support students showing outstanding performance, but also sociopolitical and social involvement. Having said that, the compensation of special disadvantages play an important role. Subsidies from scholarship foundations are similar to those from the BAföG with respect to the maximum duration and amount of support.

Where can I find information on international scholarships?

Please visit the web pages of the International Office or contact their staff personally.

To top

Offered Courses

Complete Range of Studies at TU Berlin

An overview of all study programs offered at TUB is available on the following pages.


What study programs are offered at Faculty VI?

Please take a look at the the Bachelor, Master and continuing education programs of Faculty VI.


Does Faculty VI offer study courses in English?

Some of the Master programs of Faculty VI are held in English.

In addition to that, we offer Dual Degree programs.

To top

Student Advisory Service

I have content-related questions - whom can I contact?

Please contact the Student Advisory Service of your respective study program. The necessary contact information are available on the info page of your study course.

To top

Duration of Study

How long is the standard period of study for my study program?

This depends on your respective study program. Detailled information can be seen in your subject-specific regulation for study and examination procedures (Fach-StuPO), listed on every study program page (overview of study programs).

For almost all Bachelor programs the standard period of study is six semesters, with the exception of the Bachelor course Ecology and Environmental Planning taking eight semesters.

For Master programs the standard period of study is four semesters, with the exception of two courses: Heritage Conservation (three semesters) and Ecology and Environmental Planning (two semesters), the last of which is still in the phase of development.

By default, the continuing education programs (Master) Stage Design_Scenic Space and Real Estate Management last four respectively three semesters (Urban Management).


When will I be exmatriculated?

There are only a few cases where your are exmatriculated officially, that is when:

  • you have passed the final examination in your study program,
  • you have finally failed a mandatory examination,
  • you have not re-registered for the next semester or
  • you have not or incompletely payed charges and shares including social contributions to the Student Union (Studentenwerk), the contribution to the student body and contributions to the semester ticket despite written reminders and threat of exmatriculation. 

To top

Repetition of Exams

How many times can I repeat a module exam?

Failed module exams can be repeated twice. It is not allowed to repeat a definitely failed examination (§ 49, paragraph 1 of the General Regulation of Study and Examination Procedures).

A degree thesis can be repeated once, under circumstances of insufficient grading or late respectively missed submission.


Can I repeat individual elements of a portfolio or do I have to repeat the entire module?

If you have not passed the portfolio examination, you need to retake all individual examinations.

To top

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Quick Access:

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe

Contact Information

Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Faculty VI
sec. A3
Straße des 17. Juni 152
10623 Berlin

Promotion, Scholarships and Internships